Friday, August 5, 2011

i love ME

I love you.. i love him.. i love her.. and so on and so forth. These common lines we often hear. But how many of us have heard “I love me”? Rarely huh? In the ever complicated world of love and love affairs, people tend to forget the most essential and the very first relationship one has to ever have. It is with oneself. It has been always said that to be able to love another, one has to love oneself first. How many of us are guilty of not following or applying this rule to our lives?

Many of us when in love, are too carried away to ever think of ourselves first. These attributes , oftentimes, leads to hurting oneself should the relationship fail. You may find yourself loving and living with people who don't honor your love in return. Why is that? Because how can anyone love YOU when YOU don't? Fall in love with yourselves first .Think about what makes you, YOU. Loving oneself means embracing all that you are flaws and all.

I got this from a book I read:

1. Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you love 'you.'
2.Treat yourself the way you would treat a dear friend or a lover.
3. Fall in love with yourself; make a list of all the wonderful qualities that you have.
4. Close your eyes, take deep breaths and then visualize yourself as a small  
  child; hug this child close to you and tell him or her how loved and special they
    are.
5. Take yourself on a date. Go to a movie, a drive, a museum.
6. Get to know yourself-spend time with you-not with a crowd.
7. Take time in nature, take walks, start hiking or visiting places you enjoy.
8. Give yourself permission to have fun. Then do something fun!
9. Write yourself a love letter. Go ahead I dare you!
10. Buy yourself a gift, and don't feel guilty about it!

I'm not super hot or gorgeous. I don't have an amazing figure or a flat stomach. I'm far from being considered a model, but I'm ME! I eat food, I have curves, like to wear my pj's, and will go with little or no make up at all. I'm random and crazy, and I don't pretend to be someone that I'm not. I am who I am, love me or not. It won't change ME!!! And before i say i love you to anyone else, 
 I think I deserve to say "i love me" first. Go ahead , do it !

just my two cents...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment